OSGATA is asking for support in the form of donations to the "Farmer Travel Fund." What will the donation be used for? According to the association's pledge page:
- Coordinating the PUBPAT lawsuit against Monsanto’s GMO patents as well as providing information to the public.
- Defending a farmer’s right to save and trade seed
- Encouraging the viability of regional organic seed companies
- Promoting the right to farm, protected from GMO contamination
- Ensuring the right to true choice in the marketplace for farmers and consumers
- Establishing protocols for maintaining organic seed integrity and testing seed quality.
- Protecting farmer developed varieties
- Developing and supporting organic seed standards
- Encouraging National Organic Program progress toward 100% organic seed
To make a donation visit the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association's website and donate via PayPal